You can use regular chicken but why not give free-range chicken a try? It delivers a more flavorful broth.
Serves: 7 persons
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon crushed garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced onions
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 whole native chicken cut into serving pieces
- 5 cups water
- 1 bundle wild flowering pechay
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a pan, heat oil then sauté garlic, onions, and ginger.
- Add chicken and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add water and bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat and simmer for 30 minutes, or until chicken is tender.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add pechay and cover.
- Simmer for another 2 minutes.
- For a more filling soup, Sapporo suggests adding some softened sotanghon noodles to the broth just before serving.
– Recipe from Yummy: Filipino Favorites. Published by Summit Media and edited by Mabel David-Pilar.