Give the adobo a Mediterranean flair by using balsamic vinegar instead of the usual white vinegar.
Serves: 6-8 persons
Prep Time: 30-40 minutes
Cooking Time: 10-15 minutes
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onions
- 1/4 cup finely chopped tomatoes
- 1 kilo medium-sized squid, cleaned
- 1/2 cup water
- 2/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Heat oil, then sauté garlic, onions, and tomatoes. Cook until tomatoes are soft and onions are translucent. Set aside.
- Boil squid with water, balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper for about 5-7 minutes. Do not stir until the liquid comes to a boil.
- Adjust seasoning as needed.
- Add sautéed tomato mixture. Cook until heated through.
- This dish keeps for quite some time and tastes even better as it ages.
– Recipe from Yummy: Filipino Favorites. Published by Summit Media and edited by Mabel David-Pilar.